The Morse Family

Beyond Me

Beyond Me

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

my wealth

being known
water rushing off of a cliff
sweat dripping down my face and legs during an intense workout
God whispers and I hear amidst the chaos
waves crashing on the shoreline
thought completes itself, makes sense and serves a purpose
mountains reaching for heaven
a song and worship unite and cause tears and chill your skin with bumps
anticipation of meeting your forever son inside of your body...his movement before he is outside.
jackson puts his arms around my neck and nuzzles his nose into that space between my shoulder and my ear
laughing until i pee a little
making a list and completing it
a cup of coffee, a book, and a chair
worry and fear enveloping me, jack holding me close in the darkness
thunderstorm outside with a book inside
fire in the fireplace..cold outside..jack.
water flowing around rocks in a stream
baby taking his first breath of air..laid on my chest...slimy...screaming...ours.


1 Chronicles 29:12-14 (New International Version)



 12 Wealth and honor come from you; 
       you are the ruler of all things. 
       In your hands are strength and power 
       to exalt and give strength to all.


 13 Now, our God, we give you thanks, 
       and praise your glorious name.

 14 "But who am I, and who are my people, that we should be able to give as generously as this? 
Everything comes from you..



my friend, kels...posed a question on her blog that made me want to write...so instead of just answering on her blog. decided to post here.

question: 
what makes you feel alive?

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful post! Thanks for this. I especially can relate right now to feeling our son's kicks on the inside-he's a mover. Can't wait to see him on the outside!

    ReplyDelete