The Morse Family

Beyond Me

Beyond Me

Friday, July 9, 2010

make me lie down


we have been running around like crazy people...from event to event!
with working out in the afternoons when jack gets home..and then coming home to quickly fix dinner and then go out to various fun events like this one above (a women's event for church called "amazing Grace"), or hosting bachelorette parties at my house,

or having small group women's prayer nights at my house...and then getting all packed up for weekend trips and such with the family...

and then there is cow day at chic-fil-a..
all great things...all fun adventures...but all of this stuff together leaves me feeling like this...
i often find myself wishing i could find a balance between crazy busy and calm inside...

i find myself really enjoying the fast pace and moving from thing to thing to thing..and jackson tends to like it too. we are both extroverts and get really happy and excited about seeing friends and family and being out and about..jack oscillates more between wanting to be doing something and desiring to rest...he may be more of an introvert than jackson and i.

nonetheless, i know focus is important. time with our Father to hear Him and examine our hearts and lay our fears and anxieties before Him. to learn from Him and Know Him amidst the chaos and fun.

the cry of my heart, Lord..."make me lie down".

Psalm 23

A psalm of David.
 1 The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. 2 He makes me lie down in green pastures,
       he leads me beside quiet waters,

 3 he restores my soul.
       He guides me in paths of righteousness
       for his name's sake.

1 comment:

  1. i'm right there with you, heather! things seem to go so much more smoothly with Will when we're super-active, but then i am tempted to use the busyness to keep from having to reflect or deal with less pleasant things...

    i'm noticing this even more now that i've joined the stay-at-home bunch--any tips on how to balance wanting to spend time with Jackson and help him explore the world, wanting him to also do that independently, and trying to keep the house in order?!?

    ReplyDelete