The Morse Family

Beyond Me

Beyond Me

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

the very best bread machine recipe for wheat bread that I have ever tried

I have been baking breads for about two years now.

It all started when I got married to a white bread man and I really wanted him to love whole wheat bread, so I started on a mission to make him love/eat it with me.  I started baking bread..and what man is going to come home to a house that smells like warm fresh baked bread and not try some..even if it is whole wheat.  I usually make bread the old fashioned way..completely by hand without any machines.  However, as Jackson gets older and more fun, I am starting to dread the days that I have to take so much time away from playing to be in the kitchen...esp. this summer when playing outside is SO big for him.  I researched some bread machine recipes online and have tried a few recipes in the bread machine...nothing!  Then alas...I found one. An easy, yummy, perfect whole wheat bread recipe.  If you click on the title of this post, it will take you to the recipe at about.com.

I did tweak it..I used 1/2 bread flour and 1/2 whole wheat flour because I don't love the denseness that I get when I use 100% whole wheat.  I am going to try it with 100% whole wheat next time, however, because I am out of bread flour.  I will let you know how that goes.  Here is the proof that the bread was amazing! (this recipe is for a 2 pound bread machine...)








No comments:

Post a Comment