The Morse Family

Beyond Me

Beyond Me

Thursday, May 6, 2010

insanity is repeating the same action over and over with the same poor results



...just when I think we are doing really well, we have some marital turmoil that is the exact same thing we argued about last time..and I get so discouraged because I thought it was solved the last time we argued about it...augh!!! drives me nuts!  i say the same things i said last fight and he says the same things he said last fight (that he took back and said he didn't mean last time he said them...!!!) and then we end the same way..and i feel like it never gets fixed...i just want a break through..where we actually solve something and move ahead to something different at least. ha!  Anyways, enough about our drama...we are fine now...but I know it will all come up again..even when I think it won't.

last night in small group, we discussed romans 8:31What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us? 32He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things33Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies. 34Who is he that condemns? Christ Jesus, who died—more than that, who was raised to life—is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us. 35Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? 36As it is written:
   "For your sake we face death all day long;
      we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered."[l] 37No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us38For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,[m] neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Why is it that I feel defeated?  I certainly don't feel like a conqueror...I guess i am trying to feel like a conqueror apart from Christ..trying to draw on love that is not Jesus' love..expecting my reward to come in the form of a sturby marriage? not sure.

2 comments:

  1. not that i have all the answers...having just gotten married and all...adam and i are nerdy, so books have worked well for us. do books on marriage interest you? let me know if you're interested to know more... i just feel like i've gained (and adam would say the same) a lot of wisdom in how to approach disagreements, etc.... hang in there. you're both loved by a BIG God!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather- I have no advice to offer, but wanted to let you know you are not alone. Will and I have the same fights too it seems over and over and repeat the same actions and words that hurt and cut deeper each time. I feel like we have the fight, fix the hurt, grow together in certain ways and towards God, then something happens and we are back at square one- so frustrating! I will be praying for you and Jack and praying that as you grow stronger in love for God it will help your marriage as well.
    Elizabeth
    P.S. This is the first time I have seen the new blog- I normally read through google reader at work since blogs are blocked. I love the photo of you guys!

    ReplyDelete