The Morse Family

Beyond Me

Beyond Me

Saturday, February 5, 2011

job study revelations

if you have had enough of reading about Job and what I am learning..you may want to stop reading right here.








i know you know this already but...I have been really moved by the study..I wanted to make a list of the biggies for myself to look back and see.


some things I am learning in my heart:


-convicted about how i jump to talking/making decisions before I look to the Word (like job's friends who were trying to comfort him during his chaos with "wise" words that were not based on God's truths..when all He wanted was God to speak mercy to His heart..)..job 18 (and many other chapters where the friends are talking)


-and how I only ever desire/pray for comfort and ease in my life and the lives of others when i am suffering or when others are facing trials (like job did when his life was turned upside down..) It sounds something like this.."God, please take this trial away from me.."--and an unspoken, "so I won't need to rely on you so much"..but the truth is that God directs the storms and makes it hail and flood at exactly the correct times as it says in Job 38:22-23...and the only reason I exist is to give Him glory..and when i am "strong" all people see is me...it is when i am weak that they might catch a glimpse of Him being strong on my behalf.

- and Praising God that He knows what it is like to suffer unto death:


Hebrews 12

1 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, 2 fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. 3 Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment